Thursday, April 14, 2011

I truly adore my kids.  There's honestly nothing they could do that would make me love them less.  Trust me, there isn't.  I love my career choice, I love my school, my coworkers, and my kids.  But I also love days off.

My mom is in town this weekend and I am taking Friday off to spend some much needed time with her.  Baton Rouge, Louisiana, where I'm from, is 7ish hours away from Dallas.  Needless to say, I don't get together with my family very often - at most, about 4 times a year these days (Thanksgiving, Christmas, Spring Break, some Summer).  Yes, the times are for spans of about a week or more, but taking into account that I am from Baton Rouge, went to college in Baton Rouge, and MOST of my friends stayed in Baton Rouge, a week is not too long.

So, this weekend, my mom and some of her friends are visiting another Yakkity Yak member (see earlier post about the YY group) who moved to Dallas and I happen to live here, too!!  I'm getting some much needed mom time and some rejuvenation just when I need it.  Plus, I plan on grading papers tomorrow to get ahead of the game.  That's good, too :)

I truly couldn't love or care about my kids anymore.  The Lord has certainly allotted quite a bit of love and care - that's why I don't believe it could be anymore.  I'll think about them tomorrow, that's for sure.  Even if I tried not to, I still would.  But I know they are great, well behaved, self-sufficient kids.  They know their routines - even if sometimes they act like they don't :)  But thank goodness we have days that we can take off.  I really NEED some mother/daughter time.  I can't wait!!!

Thankful at the Feet of the Father,
Amanda/Ms. B

No comments:

Post a Comment