Wednesday, April 27, 2011

There are only 5 and a half weeks until the end of the school year.  The end of the year/last day of school is a bittersweet time.  It is when sweet summertime is literally right around the corner.  It is the time when my sweet angels leave me to enjoy their summer, only to return to school again as 3rd graders.  It is when I try to organize a few things to get them in order for next year.  And it is the time when I try to squeeze any and all focus that is left of my little ones out of them.

I have throughly enjoyed this year.  I have learned so much this year - especially from my kids.  I have learned that they grow up a lot in 2nd grade.  They have started to be more perceptive of things, which has been very fun to be a part of.

When I am feeling down, they notice.  Not only do they notice, but they hug me.  And not only hugs, but they ask how they can help.  Maturity has been starting to creep in.  I love when they make choices and say things in this new, mature way.

I am excited to see them continue to grow, and I am excited to (fingers crossed, I find out Friday!) stay in the same grade level.  I can't wait to hone in on things that I want to do better next year in the 2nd grade.  I can't wait to see my former students when they come visit me as they spend their days in their new 3rd grade setting.  I can't wait for my former students to tell me that they remember what an alliteration is and that Betty Botter simply can't escape their minds for the life of them :)  I also can't wait to have a precious new group of kiddos.

I adore my job.  I love the bond I get to make with my kids.  I love the impact I have on them, the notes that they write to me to show me of this friendship we have formed, and the promises of visiting me next year.  I can't wait to have a whole new group to begin a new year of adventures with.

This year has FLOWN by.  It's incredible, really.  Boy, I've had some long days, but I cannot believe the year is almost over.  It's been a good one.  I'll certainly cherish these 23 blessings I've had this year.  The memories will be with me forever - and if not, I have pictures to remind myself :)

Enjoying the rest of the year at His feet,
Amanda/Ms. B  

No comments:

Post a Comment